Monday, January 28, 2008

My Über bad week.

Last week, all of my close friends in our block got problems. Some are little worries while some are huge emotional problems.

I thought I got none but little did I know that as the week closes, problem of mine was just starting. First was the shallowest of them all- I left my cellphone at home and before I realize it, I already paid the fare at the puv I rode. Second was I was sort of ignored by someone whom until now I like so much . Then it was all narrowing to the one thing I thought I will never encounter until the time I got to be liable for a material stuff which was worth 13K (12K when I browsed for it) as the owner say.

Most of us in the room borrowed that Palm T|X of my blockmate. Then last friday lunch, we had an absent professor due to an emergency meeting. I got bored so I borrow the Palm of my blockmate to play solitaire again. The owner then went near España gate to check on her sister's USTET result. But after some time, I, also, was asked by my close friends to go downstairs to eat.I left the PDA on top of the pile of handouts on my desk. I brought nothing but my money and my handkerchief. Shortly after 20 minutes, we then went to the room and the owner was looking for it. I knew for all that it was there so I calmly tried to search for it but to my surprise it was gone! I dropped everything in my bag just to find it but I knew prior to that it wasn't there for I was sure it was on the desk before I left to eat.

I tried to be subdued as possible but my efforts to search for it didn't pay off. My classmates knew something was wrong so I told them about it.

Many of them feel it wasn't my fault that I left it there for I was trusting them for the valuable (which I actually borrowed). Different reactions and suggestions were given as to how we were going to solve the problem for I was the one actually held liable but they suggested a lot of solutions to ease the burden I feel inside. They comforted and symphatized me. I really did appreciate them- all the concern, empathy, and help.

They knew bad luck was there.

I don't know if 'year of the horse' has something to do with it.

My blockmate just ask me to replace the stuff for 10K. hu hu.

I know it happened for a reason but that reason I still can't grasp. One thing's for sure: Many of us now will realize that we really need to take good care of our valuables.

No comments: